Bikur Cholim Society hosts Annual Conferences and Workshops to help those cope with grief, train counselors on procedures and policies for hospital visitations, coach families on alternative healing methods.
For more information contact us in our office within Congregation Nishmat Am at 972-618-2200. If no one is available to take your call, please listen to the prompts to leave a message. We will return your call.
Hospice Volunteer Training for Caring Congregations and Bikur Cholim volunteers in conjunction with VistaCare’s commitment to educate and provide the highest level of hospice care to members of the Dallas Jewish Community, we invite you to attend a comprehensive hospice volunteer training program so you can be a vital part in providing volunteer services for hospice patients through VistaCare and your Congregation or Organization.
The Jewish Healing Center will hold monthly healing circles, grief support groups, features speakers, volunteer training and our yearly conference will be held each October.>
We are looking for volunteers to offer your time and support. Please help us fulfill this mitzvah by contacting Congregation Nishmat AM.
Volunteers can help in the following areas:
• Making Personal visits and phone calls
• Preparing Kosher Meals
• Complete Hospice Care
• Providing relief for caregivers and counseling services for family
• Transportation Services
• Picking up/delivery medications/ kosher meals
• Assisting homebound patients with chores, errands, grocery shopping
• Provide programs/religious services at the Senior and Nursing homes
• Provide legal assistance
• Non Medical Services such and hair grooming
• Be available to answer phone calls on the hotline
• Provide Medical Billing Inquiries assistance
• Event Planning and Coordination
• Administrative duties
Complete training is available for these areas so all you need to do is have a willing heart!